What’s Cookin’ July 2021
Dakota's Loaded Potato Salad Recipe
- 4 cups potatoes , diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 eggs , hard-boiled and chopped
- 1 ¼ cup cheddar cheese
- 1 ¼ cup bacon , cooked and chopped
- ½ cup green onions , chopped
- Rinse potatoes and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the potatoes to a large pot and cover with water. Cook on high and bring to a boil. Once boiling reduce the heat to medium and boil for 12-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Check with a fork to see if potatoes are cooked to your liking.
- Add water to a small pan and bring to a boil. Place 2 eggs in the pan and boil for 13 minutes. Once the eggs are finished cooking place the eggs in a small bowl of ice water in the refrigerator.
- Drain the potatoes and rinse with cold water. Add the potatoes to a large bowl and put them in the refrigerator to cool while you are making the dressing.
- I like to cut the bacon into small pieces before I fry it. In a large pan cook the bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and place on a paper-towel-lined plate.
- In a small bowl add of the seasonings together and give it a quick whisk or stir to combine. This is your ranch seasoning blend.
- In a medium-sized bowl add the mayonnaise, sour cream and ranch seasoning blend. Mix until fully combined. This is the homemade ranch dressing for the potato salad.
- Add the homemade ranch dressing to the chilled diced potatoes. Carefully stir to fully cover the potatoes with the ranch dressing.
- Chop the green onions and the hard-boiled eggs.
- Add 1 cup of cheddar cheese, 1 cup of bacon, ¼ cup of green onions and the chopped eggs to the potato salad. Stir gently. Save ¼ cup of the bacon, ¼ cup of the cheddar cheese and ¼ cup of the green onion to sprinkle on top of the potato salad before serving. so it looks just like a loaded baked potato. It’s best to chill the potato salad for 2 hours before serving,