Help Desk Technician Job Opening
A staff position in the Information Technology (IT) department with responsibility to provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem resolution and general end user support for all TST support customers this includes applications, infrastructure and technologies. This position manages first call resolution, call tracking, problem resolution, escalation, and end-user communications associated with all work item requests, while upholding corporate standards for customer service and support.
This position requires an AAS or BS Degree (or equivalent education and/or experience related to computer science or computer networking), with a minimum of 4 years work experiencesupporting computer hardware and software in a corporate environment
- This position requires an AAS or BS Degree (or equivalent education and/or experience related to computer science or computer networking), with a minimum of 4 years work experiencesupporting computer hardware and software in a corporate environment
- Provide leadership and have the ability to work without direct supervision
- Broad knowledge and installation and support experience in in a variety of software and hardware support for desktops,laptops, phones, printers, and mobile devices
- Excellent customer service skills, verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills and must maintain composure under pressure
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Must be able to resolve conflicts, achieve compromise and reach timely agreement on best practices and solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication combined with dedicated and focused customer service attitude. Ability to successfully communicate oral and written information to all levels of organizational personnel.
- Professional certifications and credentials desirable (MCSE, ITIL, A+, Security+, Network+)
2.0 Responsibilities include the following:
- Adhere to policies and Procedures, IT standards,and IT best practices
- Manage all support requests through the helpdesk ticketing system and escalates problems as necessary. Notify management when necessary
- Provides the necessary and appropriate action for troubleshooting and determining root cause of reported issues. Provide support through the help desk ticketing system, phone calls, remote support,and desk side visits.
- Takes the appropriate actions and makes recommendations to resolve each end user issue, including escalation of calls to Tier 3 support within the TST Engineering staff. Takes ownership and manages each call while maintaining the appropriate communications to all stakeholders.·
- Maintains customer awareness of the status of work items, while providing the necessary follow through to bring work items to closure.·
- Provides timely, professional, and knowledgeable responses in working through end-user issues. Demonstrates an extremely high level of customer service.·
- Provides timely and accurate documentation for internal cross-training and knowledge base.
- Images, configure, manages, and troubleshoots new and upgraded PC’s with software
- Manage and maintain customer hardware and software assets
- Maintain, document, and track hardware and software inventory
- When required, provide one on one training and education to end users for all applicable supported software
- Assist in IT training for interns and Tier 1 resources
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to travel if needed
Only local candidates will be considered, no relocation. Must have right to work in the US, no sponsorships offered. Full-time onsite position.
Job Type: Full-time
- hands on troubleshooting hardware and software issues: 4 years (Required)